Ever since the introduction of FastPass+ there has been speculation that Disney will one day begin selling additional FastPass+, and it looks like this week will see that service introduced.
Disney is yet to officially announce the pilot program, but here are the details as we understand them.
Beginning Friday January 12 2018, guests staying in eligible rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels will be able to purchase a new theme park extra that includes additional FastPass+ benefits and preferred viewing opportunities for nighttime spectaculars.
For $50 plus tax per guest per day, guests staying in eligible rooms who have purchased a 3 day or longer theme park ticket or an annual pass are able to purchase a theme park extra to receive the following:
- Three additional FastPass+ selections per day. FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited.
- The opportunity to reserve these three additional FastPass+ selections in more than one theme park when a valid Park Hopper option is also purchased with the ticket.
- A booking window of up to 90 days in advance for these three additional FastPass+ selections and the ability to book them at multiple top-tier attractions. Guests may not repeat the same FastPass+ attraction during a single day.
- Preferred viewing location for nighttime spectaculars, one per day, including Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom Park, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot, Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Advanced reservation is required and availability of each nighttime spectacular preferred viewing location is limited.
For each participating Guest, there is a three-day minimum purchase requirement for the theme park extra.
The theme park extra is available for purchase for Guests staying in the following room types:
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Cabins
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Club Level
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn – Club Level
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Club Level
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Club Level
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – Club Level
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Villas & Bungalows – Bungalows
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Club Level
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – Club Level
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms
Article Posted: Jan 10, 2018 / 5:50am EDT