- New Year’s Countdown Fireworks – Say “au revoir” to 2017 around World Showcase as dazzling fireworks light up the sky to welcome 2018 in a booming big way! This one-night spectacular starts at 11:40 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Parties – A DJ dance party will have guests dancing and grooving “around the world” with special entertainment at the America Garden Stage, Future World Fountain Stage and other areas throughout the park. Just for New Year’s Eve, you can move to your own beat with music playing in your headphones at the “Silent Groove” dance party that will take place at Future World Center.
- New Year’s Eve Buffet Dinner – Sip and dip your way into 2018 by indulging in a lavish buffet of savory foods and decadent desserts at this ticketed event in World Showplace. See details below under “Special Dining.” For reservations, visit Disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks – Guests will ring in the New Year in front of Cinderella Castle with the cherished fan-favorite fireworks show that will take place Dec. 30 and 31, 2017, beginning at 11:50 p.m. Additional showings will light up the sky both nights at 6:30 p.m.
- Frontierland and Tomorrowland New Year’s Celebration Dance Parties – Put on your dancing shoes and boot-scoot with a hoppin’ beat ’til midnight in Frontierland. Or jump start the New Year with an upbeat get-together in Tomorrowland, blasting into 2018 with futuristic tunes.
Park hours on Dec. 30 and 31, 2017 are 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- New Year’s Eve Dance Party – Revelers will get the party started with a DJ dance party all around Center Stage in front of the Chinese Theatre with special projections on the theatre. The fun starts at 7 p.m. on Dec. 31. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, the nighttime holiday show will take place at 8 p.m. wrapping fireworks, state-of-the-art projections, special effects and music into one grand spectacle. The elaborate nightly themed firework show, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, will bring in the New Year with a special twist at midnight!
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to midnight.
SPECIAL PARTIES/SPECIAL DINING
Reservations opened July 11, 2017, for 2017 New Year’s Eve celebrations that will be held at Disney’s Contemporary Resort:
— “Disney Countdown to Midnight” includes dining, live music with an interactive band and DJ, and more. (Mickey and Minnie may make a special appearance.) Also included are a glass of champagne to welcome in 2018 and an outdoor viewing of the Magic Kingdom’s New Year’s Eve fireworks. The event will run from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. in the Fantasia Ballroom. This party is designed for guests 18 and older. Cost is $250 per guest, tax and gratuity included.
— “Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Dining Experience” will be held in the Contemporary’s Grand Republic Ballroom. Inspired by the Disney animated film “The Princess and the Frog,” the room will be decorated in the style of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Dining stations will feature treats such as oyster beignets, smoked salmon mousse cones with caviar, Kobe beef tartare and sheep’s milk ricotta gnocchi. Signature dishes will include herb-crusted Louisiana redfish, crayfish etouffee, Black Angus beef cooked two ways, braised short ribs and filet of beef with truffled celery root silk. Entertainment will be provided by a jazz band during dinner, followed by a vocalist performing the Academy-Award-winning music from the film. Guests will be treated to a glass of champagne just before midnight to ring in the new year, with the chance to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from a private viewing area. Hours are 7 p.m. to 12:15 a.m. Cost is $450 per guest, tax and gratuity included.
For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.
OTHER SPECIAL NEW YEAR’S DINING:
- New Year’s Eve at Epcot World ShowPlace. The spacious World ShowPlace Events pavilion opens for an all-you-care-to-eat extravaganza. Great photo ops with fun vignettes for posing (but no Disney characters) and Disney tunes make this a real family affair. Soups, salads, hearty dishes and desserts – and the kids get their own station with favorites like mac ‘n cheese, meatballs, chicken fritters and more. Seatings available from 3-9 p.m., $72.90, $44.38 ages 3 to 11. (Or two table service credits on the Disney Dining Plan.) Later in the evening, head out to the promenade for fireworks over World Showcase Lagoon to welcome 2018.
- Monsieur Paul New Year’s Eve Dinner. The elegant upstairs dining room at the France pavilion at Epcot:
— Noon to 6:30 PM: Special prix-fixe lunch for $89 per person (adult or child) plus tax and gratuity
— Starting 9 PM: Special prix-fixe dinner for $245 per adult ($310 with wine) plus tax and gratuity
- Chef Mickey’s
- Garden Grove — Garden Grove will feature its annual New Year’s Eve Buffet. The Buffet will be served from 5:00pm to 9:30pm. Priority seating times will be taken at 15-minute intervals on our reservation list. Disney Characters will provide entertainment for the dinner buffet. All reservations should be made through restaurant reservations at 407-934-1609.
- II Mulino — On Sunday, December 31, 2017, Il Mulino will have a special New Year’s Eve Celebration. The first seating will be a la carte from 4:00pm – 6:15pm. The second seating will be a four course dinner from 7:15 pm to 11:00 pm for $105 for adults and $39 for children (not including alcoholic beverages, taxes, or gratuities). Reservations and seating after 9:00 p.m. will include party favors and champagne toast at midnight! For more details and to make reservations, please call: 407-934-1717.
- Paddlefish — at Disney Springs. Ring in the New Year with a decadent Surf & Turf dinner – Filet, Cold Water Lobster Tail, Crab Hollandaise, and Herb Roasted Potatoes. Reserve your table by calling: 407.934.2628.
- Shula’s Steak House — Shula’s Steak House will have a special New Year’s Eve Celebration with two seatings. The first featuring regular full menu will be between 5pm and 6:30pm. The second will start at 7pm and feature a prix fixe menu during a 2 hour and 15 minute dining time. Cost is $145 for adults and $60 for children (exclusive of alcoholic beverages, taxes and 18% gratuity). Reservations for this special evening must be made directly with Shula’s by calling 407-934-1362.
- Todd English’s bluezoo — On Sunday, December 31, 2017 bluezoo will be open from 4pm until 11pm serving its full menu in addition to a New Year’s Eve special: Dover Sole, Pomme de Terre, Root Vegetables, Meyer Lemon Beurre Blanc $45. All reservations should be made through restaurant reservations at 407-934-1717.
- Victoria & Albert’s
- Victoria & Albert’s Chef’s Table
THE FOLLOWING EVENTS ARE SOLD OUT!
—“Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration” is a family-friendly way to ring in the New Year with a Disney•Pixar-inspired buffet dinner. Sarge from the Toy Story films welcomes guests to the Ballroom of the Americas. The evening will include theatrical backdrops, set pieces and props that re-create the worlds of Pixar films and favorite characters from “Toy Story,” “The Incredibles,” “Cars” and “Up” will be on hand. There will also be Pixar face painting, a balloon artist and a boot camp with Sarge, as well as an interactive DJ spinning hits from Radio Disney. At midnight, there is an outdoor viewing of the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Hours are 8 p.m. to 12:15 a.m. Price is $175 per guest, tax and gratuity included.
— California Grill New Year’s Eve Hollywood Hideaway – Swing in the New Year with “stars and starlets” high in the sky at this cool and classy California Grill get-together. Schmooze the last hours of 2017 away at this “Rat Pack” inspired shindig where favorite Disney characters make a guest appearance and the evening caps off with spectacular views of Magic Kingdom fireworks.
— Mickey’s New Year’s Eve BBQ (Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground) – Mickey and friends invite guests to join in a rootin’ tootin’ celebration that includes a scrumptious unlimited BBQ feast. Bluegrass music and a DJ are sure to have everyone on their feet to ring in the New Year. The celebration begins at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 31.
AT THE RESORTS
Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to special holiday music and entertainment.
Be sure to check with your resort for activities.
SOLD OUT! THE EDISON — The Edison at Disney Springs will host its Grand Opening on New Year’s Eve. The Edison’s doors will open at 7:30 p.m., allowing guests time to eat, drink and be merry, right up through a special midnight toast to ring in 2018. Tickets for The Edison’s New Year’s Eve Grand Opening are $150 and available to a limited number (350) of guests. The ticket price includes tray-passed hors d’oeuvres, live-action food stations and a wide selection of beer, wine and premium spirits from 8 p.m until midnight; plus, a selection of coffee, desserts and a celebratory midnight toast to ring in the new year.
House of Blues Orlando – Spend NYE rocking out to the ’80s with Switch and Nerd Ranger! With Special guests Seba & That Guy. Doors – 8 p.m. Show – 9 p.m. The concert venue is general admission standing. This event is all ages. Tickets cost $22.75 and are available HERE.
Visit our New Year’s with the Family Reader Comments Page HERE for more ideas on what to do in the World during the holidays.