This is our third family trip to Disney – me, DH, DS12, DD10, DD7. We had our first park day yesterday – Magic Kingdom from rope drop to close and it was AMAZING! This was our first time attempting a full day, and our first time without a stroller, so I wasn’t sure we would make it but the kids did great and we had so much fun!
A few highlights…
– We arrived around 8:30 for a 9:00AM open, were about the third row back from the rope at Liberty Square Bridge and rope dropped Peter Pen easily (walk on) My girls loved the queue!
– Crowds were very manageable. Posted wait times got pretty long in the afternoon, but we found most wait times to be a bit inflated.
– I had a lot of trouble with spotty WiFi this time, and the app was giving me trouble so fourth and up FP+ were kind of a pain, but we managed. (Our extra FP+ included Small World, Buzz, BTMRR and Magic Carpets).
– The only ride closure that we encountered all day was the People Mover (!) and it was back up and running shortly after.
– Eating at off times is great. We had an early dinner at Pinnochio Village Haus around 4:30 and it was empty.
– We saw HEA for the first time and it was incredible! We were blown away! But if you are ever considering recording the entire show on your phone, please reconsider. My family had the perfect view (behind the hub, staked out an hour in advance) only to be ruined by a man standing 20 feet up holding his phone above his head the ENTIRE show.
– Pixie Dust moments included my girls getting into the FP+ line to meet Tinker Bell without having a FP+, and an awesome CM at Magic Carpets at the end of the night giving us a certificate for 5 free snacks at Aloha Isle right before park closing. It was so much fun slowly strolling out of the park eating our Dole Whips!
Off to Animal Kingdom today… hope our good luck continues!